Maryann Ryan, MSN, APRN, FNP-C, PMHNP-BC
Over 15 years experience treating Depression, Anxiety, Psychosis, Attention Deficit Disorder, Dementia, Substance Abuse, Bipolar and other mental health conditions. She is nurse practitioner holding dual board certifications in psychiatry and family medicine. She specializes in the medical management of mental disorders of adolescents, adults and the elderly. She has worked inpatient as a member of the medical staff at Ramapo Ridge Psychiatric Hospital, emergency psychiatry, outpatient and as a consultant to several nursing homes attending to the needs of the geriatric population. Registered to certify patients for Medical Marijuana to obtain Medical Marijuana card in NY.
She provides psychiatric evaluations and medication management. Works closely with other licensed helping professionals such as psychotherapist, MDs and nutritionists in a collaborative manner.
- Post Master’s Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing from Rutgers University
- Master’s Degree in Family Medicine from University of Medicine and Dentistry of NJ
- Undergraduate degree in Psychology from Ramapo College
- Undergraduate degree in Nursing from Ramapo/UMDNJ/Englewood Hospital
- Member of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association and Sigma Theta Tau, Nursing Honor Society
Mary Fitzgerald Switala, MSN, APRN, PMHNP-BC
Mary has been working with psychiatric patients for the past 8 years. She is a graduate from Monmouth University with honors. She is a Board Certified Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner specializing in medication management.
She focuses on using a holistic and integrative approach to diagnosing and treating mental health conditions. Mary works with patients to identify, understand, and solve problems. She believes treatment must be highly individualized, compassionate, and that it is a collaboration between the client and herself. Together patient and provider will determine the best treatment for you. Mary works with clients across the lifespan struggling with mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, ADHD, and bipolar disorder.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing from Monmouth University
- Undergraduate degree in Psychology from LeMoyne College
- Member of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association
- Previously worked as a clinical nurse at various hospitals, long term care and sub-acute medical facilities.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
Have questions or want more information? Contact us here or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org